Call Us 513.754.3100

History

History

The Story of Two Jewish Communities Uniting

Cedar Village is the result of the merger of Glen Manor Home for Jewish Aged which opened in 1883 and the Orthodox Jewish Home, founded in 1906. The boards of both of these organizations realized that combining the two would benefit the entire Greater Cincinnati Jewish community. On March 16, 1997, under the leadership of Frank Harkavy, the first chair, the Jewish Home of Cincinnati dba Cedar Village opened. Since that time, Cedar Village has grown and thrived.